Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ready To Move On

Sami left for Paris today. She tours with her University group for about 5 days and then they all head to Lyon for 5 weeks of study and touring. To say that I'm jealous is an understatement, so I need to totally immerse myself in a painting to get back to my bliss.
This painting is getting there soon, and that means that I should be getting a new canvas and planning out my next painting. Bigass canvas for a big painting.
I have some inspirational material from the photos my bro, Joe, took on a few treks to Utah. I'm also thinking of checking with my other bro's uncle-in-law about setting up my easel a few days in a row overlooking the Llano river at his ranch. But, it's so hot right now that I wonder if I could stand to haul myself out there to do it. Then, there's the third option of painting something from photos that Sami will be sending home. We got a Blackberry International plan so she can email with us, which means she can send photos she takes with her Blackberry. Woot!
If I can't be there, painting what she's seen is the next best thing, right?
It's really weird that I was the one looking into a trip to Arles that's just finishing up right about now. It was a painting trip with a teacher whose work I just love. But, with a kid in college...
Kid graduates in 2 more years and then will hopefully get some sort of aid to attend grad. school, so maybe then Arles will be in the works for Frank and me. Maybe.

3 comments:

Richard Badalamente said...

I like this painting.

YMS said...

Hey Connie,
Your work is fabulous!
What do you think of our site www.MadisonArtShop.com?
Love & peace,
Sharon

YMS said...

Hey Connie,
Your work is fabulous!
What do you think of our site www.MadisonArtShop.com?
Love & peace,
Sharon