Wednesday, May 04, 2011

2 Months Later...

"River Trees" 30x40 Got some work done, after two months of sitting. I am in that mode right now, where I feel that I can't start anything new (no matter how I yearn to get to Richmond scenes that inspire me) until I finally sign a few paintings and get a commission going well. "River Trees" has been sitting long enough, so I chanced it that I wouldn't destroy that which I liked about the painting. I took it from normal to colorful and think it's fun. I also did a blue wash on the background and like it better. I don't think it recedes enough yet, so that will get some work. And, yes, I'm aware that the middle tree is way too purple. I decided that I'd been working long enough yesterday, and it's always good for me to leave a painting in an awkward situation so I'll be prompted to get back to it as soon as possible. I hope it's today, but I am wiped out from my morning. We shall see...

No comments: