Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Giclee, Another Way

Well, then. I've been researching having giclee (pronounced zhee-clay) prints made of four of my paintings and am having second thoughts about the idea. I'm beginning to think my husband really IS smart when he'd say "just paint another one" after I'd fuss about wanting to keep a painting but also wanting to give it to someone. For what it will cost me to get prints made of just ONE painting, I could paint 30 paintings. And, I guess, if you're going to be that prolific, you're not going to want to keep all those paintings yourself and it's not so painful to let them go to new homes. So.............................................I guess I will save my money on prints and spend it on canvases and paint and just continue to do what I do, only not keep them like favorite puppies.

No comments: