Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Couple of Paintings

As promised, here is a photo of the first still life I did in Phillip Wade's class. And here is a painting I started last fall. It originally had purple floors and walls because I was in a purple state at the time. It's been changed so much that it definitely has lots of built up layers, as Jennifer Balkan so nicely put it. I really should sign it, varnish it and stick it on a frame. Time to move on already!

I'll tell you something that I'm really looking forward to doing this coming week at Inks Lake. Last year is when I did my first plein air painting and loved the process. I can't wait to get some time to paint outdoors there again and get a few good paintings of the area. Or at least some good studies that I can finish out at home, since I'm kind of a slow painter still.

I'd like to talk about another project that I have in mind, but it might not happen, so I'll wait until I get started on a sketch at least. I will say that it involves soccer players and the reason that it might not happen is that I'll chicken out. Meaning it may be more than I am ready to take on. But, there will come a day when it will happen. This I vow!!!

No comments: